Genera siphonogamarum ad systema Englerianum conscripta (1900)

fullscreen
Author: Dalla Torre, K. W. von (Karl Wilhelm), 1850-1928; Harms, Hermann, 1870- joint author
Subject: Plants
Publisher: Lipsiae, G. Engelmann
Language: Latin
Call number: QK97 .D14
Digitizing sponsor: University of Toronto
Book contributor: Gerstein - University of Toronto
Collection: gerstein; toronto; medicalheritagelibrary
Notes: no contents.
Scanfactors: 12

Issued in parts

10 14

Average Rating: 2.00 out of 5 stars2.00 out of 5 stars

Reviewer: aildoux - 2.00 out of 5 stars2.00 out of 5 stars - June 11, 2009
Subject: Pales in comparison
I'm a casual user of what I call the DTH. I've got a photocopied copy I created myself from the University of Sherbrooke's copy. It was very useful while I created my herbarium some years ago. Now it's at the Université de Laval. Now I mainly use it to classify what I call my Philatelic Herbarium. Samples can be seen at http://www.geocities.com/aildoux/herbierphilatelique.htm
I've scanned one of these pages, page 6, to show what I'm refering to when I talk about the DTH. The scan is at http://www.geocities.com/aildoux/DTHexemple.jpg
When I saw today that the whole DTH is at last available in digital format, I was hoping for somethig just as clear as the image I had created years ago in my home and with a very inexpensive scanner. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The pages are pale, beige and not clear at all. I do not download books all that much, but if I may, I'll reccomend to the Toronto digitalizing people to go as high contrast and grayscaled as possible, please, so as to see the letters as much as possible! It's nice to see the color of the paper, and the pages' fibers even sometimes, but we'd rather read the words easly. So that's why I gave this only a medium rating. It's for the effort. Because I think I could have done better at home with my cheap home equipment. Sorry.

Selected metadata

Scanningcenter: uoft
Mediatype: texts
Identifier: generasiphonogam00dalluoft